Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday, January 8th

Happy Friday, all!

I didn't get to see Dad too long today as I'm trying to catch a cold (don't recommend it) so staying away.  Mom and Gina had a nice visit with him, though.  From what I understand, his Phys Therapist scolded him for working too hard.  Now, come on...does this surprise any of us that know him?!?  lol  Of course, with hard work comes tired body.  He was going to have a quiet afternoon of recuperating.  Which he needs as it all begins again tomorrow.  He's doing therapy 6 days a week.  Whether it's both OT and PT, I do not know.

I do have a mailing address for him now.  It is:

Ed Aliverti
c/o Manor Care
3701 - 188th St. S.W.  Room 104
Lynnwood, WA  98037

Please drop him a line - he'd love it!

That's it for tonight.  It was a relatively quiet day.  Hope you all had a good one!

Leslie :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Leslie, thanks sooo much for the information. I too wanted to call but fear bad news about someone I respect, admire and appreciate. Please give my love to both your mom and dad. I spent some of the happiest and most enjoyable times of my life with them. Our prayers will continue that all will be well with my friends and we will have yet another opportunity to share joyous times together.

    I am not surprised at the way your dad is progressing through all of this. He is a strong and resolute man who considers the most impossible situation as no more an obstacle than a "speed bump" in the parking lot of life.
    I found the terminology of his therapies amusing. Vocational Therapy ,for Ed would include, but not be limited to, leaping buildings with a bound, singing and dancing his way through a musical review and engaging, entertaining and informing a rowdy crowd of wrestling fans to even higher emotionally frenzy exuberance. These are his vocational talents. Adler, Mortimer J. The Columbia World of Quotations. 1996 …….. A good performance, like a human life, is a temporal affair-a process in time. It is good as a whole through being good in its parts, and through...
    All our best to all of you!
    Don and Frances Blasingame

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ed, remember the time we had at the Olympic Festival in San Antonio? Bob Dellinger was our social chairman and had a different place for us to go each evening. The rib place where we bought our ribs by the pound, and they were wrapped up in butcher paper. We fished our beer out of the long trough of ice water along the wall. The cook your own steak place. That was the first time I ever had Bass beer, and I think of Bob every time I enjoy one. The ice cream shop where we had the awesome sundaes. And I will never forget when you sang "Proud to Be an American". If I remember correctly, it was the first time you performed it in public. I still get chills and teary eyes thinking about it. I love your beautiful voice. We spent many happy times at wrestling tournaments, and seeing your wonderful face was always a delight. Keep fighting the good fight.

    With much love,
    Sue Hesser

    ReplyDelete