Saturday, June 19, 2010

Father's Day

I never thought I'd be adding another blog here, but again, I feel compelled.

Father's Day is tomorrow.  My Dad's not here and I don't quite know what to do.  I don't know what to think.  I've never had a Father's Day that I didn't call my Dad. 

I talked to my mom the other day and was consoling her.  She was having a rough day and was sad.  I told her that everything we do is going to be the first time without dad.  The first wedding anniversary, the first Father's Day, the first birthday.  Once we do that first whatever, that's one more hurdle we jumped.  I guess I should listen to myself.  It's easier consoling somebody else, or making them feel better.  How do I make myself feel better?  It's not as easy.  I guess that's why I took to the computer keyboard.  I don't have much to say, I just had to say that I miss my Dad.  I love my Dad.  I wish my Dad was here.

Happy Father's Day to the best father anybody could be blessed with.  I love you, Popsicle.

1 comment:

  1. I have called your Dad every Fathers day since 1969. I will miss those calls very much! Love, Laura

    ReplyDelete