Saturday, February 6, 2010

Just checkin' in...

...to see how y'all are doing.  The sun is out today and it's mostly not cold.  Better yet, it's mostly not raining!

It's been a tough couple of days, but I tell you what - YOU all have made this easier.  Reading your anecdotes has become my nightly ritual.  It's my way of decompressing from the day.  I just sit at Dad's desk, on his computer, looking at his stuff (can't the man throw ANYTHING away?) and read your stories and comments.  It's a way of connecting with his world, most of which I only experienced from a distance and secondhand.  The way in which you all tell your stories is amazing.  The admiration and love just eminates (oooo another good word!) from your postings.

I just wanted to tell you thank you.  Thank you for making this such a wonderful celebration of his life!

Now?  Now it's time for some retail therapy.  I will be back later.

Enjoy your day --

Leslie :)

4 comments:

  1. Leslie, Thank you for keeping us in your life a bit longer. Your updates are going to be missed as much as your Dad. Well, close anyway. You are a joy! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will miss Ed....He sold me one of my first cars...I believe it was your (Leslie) red Plymouth Valiant...Loved that car...He told me to make sure and change the oil every 2500 miles and it would run forever...it had over 300,000 miles on it when I sold it...I'm sure it's still around somewhere...Thanks again for the blog...you did an Awesome job keeping us updated...I will be seeing you soon!

    Pat Moore

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Washington State Mat Classic will not be the same without your Dad's voice booming over the speakers. My favorite line from your Dad's many quips was this; "...to the owner of a red Ford Pick-up with a license number xxx-xxx, your lights will be on for only a short time longer..."

    Thank you for sharing him with us on the third week of February every year. He will be missed by all.

    Chuck V. - WA State

    ReplyDelete
  4. No words can express how much he will be missed. He changed our lives through exposing us to beautiful music of all kinds, then by his ability to inspire us to sing it. He urged us to reach a little further than we thought we could. Memories of those days will always be with us.

    Freda J Zimmerman Griffin - MTHS '66

    ReplyDelete